I have to admit, I’m not much of a movie buff. I’m terrible at recognizing lines from movies and forget reciting them. But, as soon as I read about DreamWorks Pictures’ new movie “The Help” I loved it.
It stars Emma Stone (“Easy A”) as Skeeter, Academy Award–nominated Viola Davis (“Doubt”) as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny—three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s.
They build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk.
From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed—even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times.
In June, I posted a short featurette, and now I’m really excited to be hosting a “The Help” giveaway with some cool movie swag — an adult female sized t-shirt, pocket jotter & pen, fan and a nail file/mirror.
Here are the Details: Continental U.S. and Canada only. The giveaway closes Tuesday, Aug. 16, at midnight, Eastern. One winner will be picked at random. Please leave a way to contact you in your post. [We can’t notify a winner if there is no way to get in touch with you 🙂 ]
Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite movie is. Also, please leave your email address, or a way to contact you.
(each is worth one entry)
* Like The Adirondack Chick on Facebook, and leave a comment below telling us.
* Like “The Help” on Facebook, and leave a comment below telling us.
* Follow us publicly on Google Friend Connect, and leave a comment below telling us.
* Follow us on Twitter — @theadkchick — and leave a comment below telling us.
* Tweet about our giveaway using @theadkchick and ” The Help movie” in your tweet, and leave a comment below telling us.