Spinach and Mozzarella Pockets

Whoever created Pillsbury Crescent Rolls is a genius. Yes, they make good rolls, but you can make so many different recipes with them, including this super fast spinach and mozzarella pockets. I eat these for dinner or  take them to work and heat them in the microwave the next day. Either way you eat them, they taste excellent, and take less than a half hour to make!

Spinach and Mozzarella Pockets
by Michelle Maskaly, The Adirondack Chick

1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, rinsed and drained)
1 package Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
1 8 oz. package shredded part-skim mozzarella (you may have extra left over)
1 15 oz. can of RedPack tomato sauce (or make your own)
olive oil

Preheat oven as directed on the package of crescent rolls. Heat tomato sauce for a minute in the microwave (I usually add garlic salt, ground pepper, crushed red pepper and basil to it)

Roll out the crescents on a baking sheet, separating them into four rectangles. Spread sauce on the crescent dough.

Add some spinach

Top with mozzarella.

Starting at one end fold, and roll the crescents to make it into a pocket. Gently tucking it under.

Brush the tops with olive oil.

Bake for about 11 – 13 minutes.  (I always start with 11 and put it back in if it needs to go longer.) Serve with the remainder of sauce on the side for dipping.

This link was shared with: Mom’s Crazy Cooking,

9 Responses to Spinach and Mozzarella Pockets

1. Emy says:

What a great idea to use the crescent rolls!

2. Momma Teri says:

Those look really yummy. Wonder is there is anything you can sub the tomato sauce with…. Experiment time.

3. Teri,

You could totally use pesto instead, or just leave it out.

4. Show Me Mama says:

Wow, you really are making me hungry by just looking at all this. I love spinach, so I will definitely eat this.

5. Katie says:

Those look pretty simple to make even though the name sounds like it would be hard – Thanks!

6. Diane says:

Yumm these are super easy to make! I will def have to try!

7. Michelle I am making these now! Tell you how they turn out. I made them w/o spinach because I didn't have any in the house but should still be good. :-)

8. Rebecca Jean says:

I have been craving spinach worse than Popeye lately. This isn't helping any! Can you imagine these with a lovely bowl of tomato soup? The perfect lunch!

Thanks for sharing this with Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.

♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

9. Rebecca Jean says:

I featured your post in this week's Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays.

Thanks for sharing it!